Monday, November 1, 2010

Manly Monday!

Happy Manly Monday, fashionistas! I am so pleased to welcome back Darius Eslami, a seasoned guest blogger on Fab-YOU-lous. So without any further adieu, here is Darius with his take on smelling good...

Hello, ladies, look at your email, now back to this blog post, now back at your email, now back to this blog post. You’re in a room with fabulously scented men. What’s in your hand? It’s a mouse. Now click it. Double click it. Outside your window is a bed of roses being planted by a man that looks Ryan Reynolds. Look again ladies, it’s Manly Monday.
As many of you know, scent is a killer sense – often making or breaking first impressions. Now, I’m not here to talk to you about cologne; I am here to divulge my insights into the great Axe versus Old Spice debate. For purposes of this posting (and aside from the intro paragraph), let’s ignore all marketing efforts from each brand and focus on what matters – the way you smell after application. Also, this isn’t really a debate (by all means – debate in the comments with me!).

My personal opinion is that Old Spice is the way to go. I use the Fresh Scent dry deodorant because it has the perfect mixture of keeping you sweat-free, smelling delightful, and having a touch of mountain man musk. Now, there are clearly different scents you can try – Old Spice is just what I have been using recently. Back in the day, I was an Axe user following mainstream culture. Mentally, I started to feel it was covering up smells instead of block them. If you walk by someone, you might make a comment, “He smells like Axe.” I don’t think that is necessarily a good thing. However, Axe does make more sense if you are dealing with the extremes like biking, shredding asphalt, lifting weights, or wrestling bears. Take that as you will.
I think the ideal situation is to use Old Spice as your main deodorant, but so we don’t neglect Axe – make it your spray. In a quick pinch, bust out your mini-can and mark a typical ‘X’ across your chest to at least make you smell differently than perspiration. In fact, I highly recommend the Axe shower scrub too (Snake Peel is chock of us cactus and opens your pores).
Regardless what you feel, you have plenty of options: High Endurance, Classic, Red Zone – and those are broken down even further. After trying various brands though, I always come back to Old Spice. Maybe it’s nostalgia. Maybe it’s my subconscious desire to be a manly pirate. Pirates need to keep fresh, too.

Thanks for the awesome post, Darius! I hope you all smell fresh and fabulous all day :) 

Stay Fabulous xoxo
~Miss Glamour Giirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...