Tuesday, August 3, 2010

YSL Touche Éclat

I'm back again with yet another beauty review- I just can't get enough makeup, I love it! This review is on the infamous and classic Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat.This product is a favorite of celebrities, socialites, models, and fashionistas worldwide- so of course, I had to give it a try myself!
The Touche Éclat is an award winning highlighter pen. This instant highlighter leaves your skin looking luminously radiant, while also helping to banish signs of fatigue and shadows on your face- it has been coined as "8 hours of sleep in a pen", and who doesn't need to look as though they've had some extra sleep?! I know I do!
The first thing that really stands out when purchasing the Touche Éclat is the fantastic packaging (I guess YSL figures that you're paying an exuberantly overpriced amount for this product, so they better make it pretty lol). The Touche Éclat is no different than other YSL products- it is packaged in the most stunningly shiny golden container- it looks so luxurious and beautiful! YSL definitely gets an A+ for their packaging of this product, it is gorgeous and I love it!
This pen is the perfect size to take with you anywhere, just in case you feel like you need an extra bit of glow! For best results, you should apply this product around the eye area, in the hollow of the chin, above your eyebrows, the contour of the lips and the sides of the nose. Choose which areas you think need some extra glow for you personally, which will normally change daily, and apply here- you can't go wrong!
Touche Éclat is available in four color choices ranging from- luminous radiance (light with a pink-ish undertone), luminous ivory (light with a yellow-ish undertone), light peach (medium warm beige color), and luminous toffee (rich brown toffee color). I personally chose the luminous ivory color and it matches perfectly on my skin tone- it was between radiance and ivory, but my skin has more yellow hues than pink. If you are unsure I would go to Sephora or a department store makeup counter and test it for yourself to get your perfect match.
This pen is NOT a concealer- do not be fooled of that, although it may look like one. It is a highlighter, designed to add light and glow to specific areas of your face, allowing you to look more refreshed. Unfortunately it does not really erase super dark circles (something that I suffer with). However, I have found that this product works best when used over your regular foundation and concealer regime- after you are done with that, then apply the Touche Éclat on top for best results.
Overall, I really do like this product- it looks great on my skin and gives me an extra glow. Everytime I take it out to use it I can't help but smile, since the packaging is so lovely- I will definitely be purchasing more from YSL because of this fact. However, the Touche Éclat is quite expensive compared to other similar products because it is by YSL. Also, I really do wish that the Touche Éclat was a concealer as well so I could eliminate one step to my makeup regime, instead of adding another one.

Verdict= Love it! (4/5 stars)

You can purchase YSL's Touche Éclat from department store makeup counters and Sephora.
Retail Price: $40

Stay Fabulous xoxo
~Miss Glamour Giirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...