Friday, July 23, 2010

Beach Fashion

Summer is an amazing time of year- everyone loves spending the day out on the beach or by the pool. This summer fun may leave many fashionistas wondering, what is appropriate beach fashion?
So many times I have seen people walking around in their bathing suits (especially bikinis) with just shorts or in a extra large tshirt over them- PLEASE do not do this! It automatically makes you look sloppy and unpolished- always cover up properly! And when choosing your suit remember that some things need to be left to the imagination, if you get my drift.
Everyone wants to look good on the beach, especially since you are more than half naked in front of strangers... This leads me to the fashionista's most important item for beach fashion: a perfect swimsuit cover-up. A cover-up is so important and every fashionista needs a few in her beachwear repertoire. I personally love the terrycloth halter cover-ups that Ralph Lauren makes to match their suits (picture seen above- I have at least 5 of these and it is what I always wear over my suit to the beach or pool), you immediately look very classic and posh wearing one of these.
If you don't want to spend the money on an actual cover-up, that is totally cool too, you can always opt to use a sundress that you already have in your closet. Anything that is flowy and of light material will work perfectly for a cover-up, and bright colors are extra fun!
Another one of my favorite beach fashions is to wear a huge floppy hat- I think this is so fun, fashionable, and also practical! Wearing a hat like this will shield you from the harmful UV rays, while also giving your beachwear an instant explosion of glamour. Personally, I wear a white floppy hat, which I love because does not attract the sun and matches everything.
Find whatever works best for you and try it out- Thanks for reading and have fun in the sun!

Stay Fabulous xoxo
~Miss Glamour Giirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...