Monday, July 19, 2010

Manly Monday

Hello fashionistas! I am very excited for our second ever Manly Monday post- this week we have the fabulous Steven Huang joining us to give us his take on fashion! So without any further adieu, here is Steve- hope you all enjoy :)

One might argue that this Manly Monday is a “Semi-Manly” Monday because I’m playing on the other team. Said individual might be inclined to ignore my advice because he assumes it doesn’t pertain to him or that it doesn’t apply to the man in her life. However, the recommendation I’m about to make is equal parts sensible, functional, and fab-you-lous.

First off, I’d like to address the myth that men don’t need to be fashionable. That couldn’t be further from the truth. Would you want to take an unfashionably-dressed boyfriend on a date to a fancy restaurant, or say, your friend’s art show? Absolutely not; the man on your arm is one of your most prominent accessories. And it only takes one out-of-place accessory to ruin an entire outfit.

Without further adieu, I’d like to share one of the most important rules in my personal style manifesto: wear designer jeans. I’m not advocating a specific brand because it depends on the person’s individual taste. What I am recommending is a pair of jeans made with high quality denim, a fitted outline (this doesn’t mean tight), and one that pairs well with the rest of your wardrobe. I’m advocating that every man should own a pair of designer jeans that will give him confidence, that serves as an outlet of his expression, and ultimately, is practical day-to-day.

Confidence: Do you remember putting on your first pair of brand-name jeans? For me, it was a pair of Sevens; light indigo colored, medium-light wash, a little fading and detailing, boot cut. I wanted to see what the hype of brand-name jeans was all about, and as soon as I put them on, I understood. They were soft, fitted through the thigh, and fell perfectly around my heel. When I walked out of Nordstrom that day, I was a new me. I felt confident and just….sexier. I looked good and I felt good – all thanks to my first pair of designer jeans.

Expression: Everyday, I use high-end denim to express how I want to feel. If I have a busy day ahead of me, I opt for a straight-leg or skinny leg pair of G-Star’s with flip-flops or light canvas shoes to keep me streamlined. If I’m going to meet up with a friend for coffee or lunch, I’ll keep it casual with a pair of dark, unwashed Diesels and keep my look cool, crisp, and minimalist. On the other hand, If I’m planning a night out of getting hammered, the studded and distressed Rock & Republics are first in line; because I want to make a statement. Choosing between several styles of trendy jeans allows you to customize yourself and how people interpret you. Jeans are an outlet of your personal flavor and zest for life, don’t hold yourself back with cheap Hollister crap that has no character.

Practicality: When you wear high-end denim, you have a pair of pants for every day. I’m not talking about wearing the same pair every day; I’m talking about every “day”. Like, the day you go to a baseball game, you can wear those nice jeans. Going to visit Grandma? Throw on that pair of designer threads. Don’t pigeonhole each pair for a specific occasion. Only buy jeans that you can mix and match with different shirts and shoes. Pretty soon, your ability to sport trendy jeans with any occasion will become flawless. On a side note, they last much longer than a cheaper-quality pair. In fact, I’m wearing my first pair of Sevens as I write this! Your return-on-investment is guaranteed to surprise you.

When you think about it, Life can be pretty unpredictable. Tomorrow, you could run into an old friend, or meet a new friend. You might see a celebrity, or even meet your future spouse! You could get caught in the rain and find yourself unable to get a cab. Your day could be anything from ordinary to extraordinary. As you live your life, live it in style; in designer jeans.

Thanks for reading everyone!
Stay Fabulous xoxo
~Miss Glamour Giirl & Steven Huang :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...