Monday, July 12, 2010

Manly Monday!

Hello fashionistas! I am so excited to begin Manly Monday- This will hopefully be a reoccurring blog event on Mondays for awhile, where I will invite a male guest blogger to FAB-YOU-LOUS and we can hear about fashion and trends from a guy's perspective! I'm so pleased to christen Manly Monday with a post by one of my dearest friends, Darius Eslami. Here he is:
Welcome one and all to …….. MANLY MONDAY! When it comes to my wardrobe, I tend to default towards a t-shirt. How exactly can you make such a common article like that into something fashionable? Easy – Threadless.
Threadless is an online t-shirt company where artists submit their designs and the online community votes for their favorites; the highest scorers get their shirt printed among other lavish incentives. I’ve been pushing this site for years now and it’s steadily gaining huge momentum. I don’t think it matters who you are – you can/will find a shirt you adore. Their catalog hosts a variety of designs: abstract, funny, political, slogans, animals, popular cultures… you get the picture.
They print the design on their own shirts, which are very light and fitting. You can search for an existing shirt based on size, color, and design type. There are limited quantities of each shirt, so nab them while you can! If you find a design you LOVE, but it is sold out – you can request a reprint and if enough people do so, BAM! It is reprinted.
Aside from the cool community and frequent contests presented by Threadless – they are pretty affordable. Now, if you know me, I don’t spend too much money and rarely on myself. Threadless shirts generally sell for $20, but they have a handful of sales a year where you can get shirts at discounted prices (typically $10) with a flat rate shipping fee of $5. As you purchase more shirts, you can gain ‘points’ by taking a picture of yourself wearing your purchase and putting it on the site! This is a great way for them to generate repeat customers and it kind of saves you some money on your trendy collection.
I have about 20 shirts from Threadless and I wear them pretty frequently. They work well for social outings as conversation starters (funny/clever designs) or just very cool patterns (abstract/pop culture designs). All in all – check them out. From a guy who tosses on t-shirts – you can definitely look the part you want to play with any one of these in your styling arsenal.

Thanks everyone for reading and I hope you enjoyed the first Manly Monday post- tell us what you think!

Stay Fabulous xoxo
~Miss Glamour Giirl & guest blogger Darius Eslami

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...