Saturday, July 31, 2010

A New Twist to an Old Favorite


Ok, I am officially OBSESSED!! Awhile ago I posted about my favorite mascara ever- Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash mascara in black. It is such a sultry mascara that really pumps up the volume of your lashes, and is one of the most essential products in my day-to-day makeup regime. Well, ladies, just when I thought it couldn't get any better, IT DID! Bare Escentuals has come out with a new twist to my favorite mascara: Introducing the Buxom Lash Mascara Special Effects Blue Noir.

I am usually an 'all black' type of girl when it comes to my makeup (and clothing a lot of times hehe)- I always use black mascara and black liner- so switching from my usual pure black to a fierce bright blue was completely out of my makeup comfort zone. However, I took a risk and purchased this product at my local Sephora, not sure how much I was going to like it. I love the original black mascara and all products from the Bare Escentuals Buxom line, so I figured I couldn't go wrong. After being able to use it myself, I seriously couldn't be happier with the look it gives me!

You can go back to my previous post to read about how amazing the original Buxom lash mascara is (Click Here: Fab-YOU-lous: My Secret to Perfect Lashes) This Blue Noir mascara is exactly the same formula as the original black Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash that I love so much- It gives you big, thick, clump-free and flake-free lashes.

The fabulous color is where the Special Effects Blue Noir differs from the original- This blue color may look scary at first on the brush, but once you apply this to your lashes you will be so excited with the results you achieve. The blue is not as bright as it looks at all, actually it is not even close to it- the color is quite subtle, and does wonders on your eyes- it makes your eyeballs look incredibly white and big! You can layer the Blue Noir on alone (trust me it is VERY subtle blue and you can't notice unless you're up close); But if it scares you a bit, you can always put a coat of black on first then layer a few coats of the Blue Noir on top- this will give you an even more barely noticeable blue hint to your lashes.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with this mascara- I adore this color, and I hope you do too if you try it out- You won't regret it!

Verdict= FABULOUS!!! (5/5 stars)

You can purchase the Bare Escentuals Buxom lash mascara in Blue noir at Sephora stores or Bare Escentuals stores.
Retail Price: $18

Stay Fabulous xoxo
~Miss Glamour Giirl

1 comment:

  1. I actually got this off of your suggestion. I needed a new mascara, as my old one ran out and I wasn't a huge fan of what I was using (Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes, had such high hopes after hearing good reviews for it, but it wasn't that good and so overpriced at $29.) I tried this out and love it. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...