Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!


On a day that all of us are overly proud to be American, only one thing comes to my mind- what do I wear?! I hope to be able to shed a little light on that in this post- how fashionistas can dress to show they love America, but not look like a giant flag or statue of liberty roaming the streets (believe me I've seen it FAR too many times).
Of course, it is the 4th of July, so you have to wear red, white, and blue! Most of us will be partaking in outdoor festivities today, like BBQs, picnics, fireworks and carnivals, which means we can't dress too fancy, but we also shouldn't just wear jeans and call it a day.
A casual sundress is absolutely perfect for a nice, hot, sunny day like today. Choose a solid sundress in red, white, or blue that suits your style and that you can wear again sometime in the future (it is always great to get lots of use out of one dress). Now, be creative and accessorize with the other colors that aren't in your dress. Example- If you are wearing a blue sundress, wear white shoes and a red flower in your hair. Express yourself and get creative with it!
I personally will be in the Hamptons, NY on this holiday weekend with my wonderful boyfriend, watching fireworks, going to the beach, and BBQ-ing. I will be wearing a bright red sundress and big white floppy hat to show my American price, and, of course, I got my toes painted blue! hehe
Happy 4th of July! Enjoy the holiday, be safe, and HAVE FUN!

Stay Fabulous xoxo
~Miss Glamour Giirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...