Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Perfect Weekender Bags

Every fashionista needs to have a good weekender bag available for those last minute trips. Especially in the summer, I find myself going away for just the weekend- so the questions rises, what bag should I bring with me on my trip? I have two favorite, go-to weekender duffel bags- one for fashionistas on a budget and one for fashionistas willing to splurge.

For fashionistas on a budget, the best weekender bag is the Vera Bradley Large Duffel. I used to use the Vera Bradley small duffel, which is also a great choice, but I was finding that I did not have enough space (the small duffel is more suited for one night away) so I needed to upgrade to something larger.
I just purchased my large duffel before I went away this fourth of July weekend, and I love it! I got the pattern "Totally Turq", which is pictured above on the large duffel. It has the perfect amount of space for a weekend away, it is made of light and durable material, and comes in a plethora of colors and shades. It is an affordable, yet fashionable option for weekend travel.
For fashionistas who can splurge a bit, I adore my Louis Vuitton Keepall 50 with shoulder strap. It is a timeless option when purchased in the classic Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas print. The shoulder strap is a necessity (it is available without it) because the bag is a bit heavy. My favorite little detail/addition to this bag is the luggage tag I got hot stamp monogrammed in metallic gold with my initials. I love traveling with this bag- it makes me feel so fabulous, timeless, and classy. It is a must-have for all glamour girls willing to splurge!
Personally, I love both of these bags for different reasons. I've found that the Vera is perfect for bus rides, especially when you are traveling alone and can not be carrying something too heavy. It is also good when you think that you may get your bag dirty, wet, sandy, etc. Also, the fun colors and patterns are awesome for ladies wanting to express themselves- there is a style for everyone!
The Louie is quite the opposite- I would never take it on a trip where I thought I might get it dirty. It is also quite heavy due to its leather and hardware. I use this bag mostly when I am going on airplane rides (it is the largest size that you can take on the plane with you and store in the above compartments). Since it is heavy, I usually perch it on top of a rolling carry-on and wheel it around. However, it is a classic and durable bag that I know I will love and use for the rest of my life.

You can purchase the Vera Bradley large duffel at Vera Bradley stores and select Hallmark stores
Retail price: $80
You can purchase the Louis Vuitton Keepall 50 at Louis Vuitton stores (ONLY Louis Vuitton and select department store boutiques- like Saks- sell authentic Louis Vuitton; Please DO NOT participate in the counterfeit goods market, only purchase authentic goods that you can afford)
Retail Price: $1,225

Stay Fabulous xoxo
~Miss Glamour Giirl

2 comments:

  1. I would love to buy all products of Tory Burch but my favorite one is Tory Burch clutch. So I will definitely buy this clutch one day by saving my pocket money.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...