Friday, July 16, 2010

A Must-Read for Fashion Lovers

I decided to buy a few fashion books to read over this summer, and the first one that I have really begun delving into has far exceeded my expectations. Nina Garcia, from the hit show "Project Runway" and long-time fashion director of ELLE Magazine, has some amazing things to say in her book "The Little Black Book of Style".
I wasn't quite sure what this book was about when I bought it- I knew it had to do with fashion (obviously) and that Nina Garcia was quite a viable fashion source; So I figured I would purchase it and see what info I could get out of it, since I am always trying to expand my knowledge about style and fashion.
Nina is such an empowering woman, who uses her unique writing style to convince others of her strong message. She convinces the reader that they must be confident- a confident woman is someone that all people notice and aspire to be like. We must be comfortable in our own skin and love ourselves- embrace the imperfections, quirks and flaws. And we can all feel more comfortable with ourselves and gain confidence through fashion... "What you wear is how you present yourself to the world, especially today, when human contacts are so quick. Fashion is instant language" ~Miuccia Prada.
"The Little Black Book of Style" really surprised me with its content- I can't put it down! This book helps every woman explore and create her own personal style, and with this new found style, exude confidence and tell the world who she is. Nina Garcia includes wonderful tips and tricks on how to dress at every occasion, advice on fashion necessities, and inspiration to always look your best. This is truly a book that every woman will appreciate and enjoy.
You can purchase this book at bookstores or on Amazon.

Stay Fabulous xoxo
~Miss Glamour Giirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...